Baptism!! :)

2 Nephi 4:16
"Behold my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard."

I love this scripture! I can relate to Nephi!

I know that I say this a lot, but I really just do love being a missionary! This week went by so fast! I am starting to get more adjusted and getting into a routine. Things are starting to feel more normal even though is is really different here. It's different, but I still love it :)

We have this new investigator that I am really excited about! We taught her for the first time this week. When we taught her, the Spirit was so strong. I teared up while talking about the Book of Mormon and that she can come to know that it is true through the Holy Ghost. We asked her at the end of that lesson if she would get baptized and she said yes! I am so excited for her and to continue teaching her to help her prepare for her baptism :)

Speaking of baptism! The 5 children in the Presa family that we have been teaching got batized on Saturday! I can't even express how much happiness I had while watching them each be baptized. I teared up! It was a day that I'll never forget! :)

During the baptism I was leaning up against the wall near the font and I turned my head and just inches away from my face was a HUGE spider!! It was at least the size of my palm and look like it was made out of wood!!! I was proud of myself for not screaming and making a scene haha! 
There was also a wedding going on at the church during the baptism so while we were waiting for some baptismal interviews to be done, we went and took some fun pictures at the wedding :)

Something that I thought a lot about this week is how much our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us.

1 Nephi 21:15-16
"15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

They love us more than we can comprehend! I also love this scripture:

D&C 84:88
88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

I know that our Heavenly Father loves His children and is always there to help guide us through anything in life. I've felt His love so much as I've been able to teach and serve His children :)

Thank you all for your love and support!!!




Comments

Popular Posts